Friday, May 17

G-F Devils Food Chocolate Cake

Last night's party was so much fun and there was food, learning and enthusiasm for being healthy and gluten-free.  Thanks everybody for coming.

Okay, I'm reminding you where I posted the chocolate cake that is always so successful each time I attempt it.  I recognize that it is a modification of the copyrighted recipe from Bette Hagman (Praise Be Her Name), from her cookbook Gluten Free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods, but I have recommended that same book to all my friends and acquaintances, so it's all fair.  Buy it online--used on Amazon for under ten bucks, you won't be sad.

Stir together

1 cup powdered cocoa (I use dutched for that extra rich flavor)
3/4 cup boiling water

Cool then add
3/4 cup buttermilk (almond milk with a tsp of lemon works)

Mix dry ingredients

1 3/4 cup gf flour (I use my wholegrain flour mix)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan/guar gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons egg replacer

Mix wet ingredients
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup mayonaise (not salad dressing0
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla


Combine all  ingredients together. Pour into a 9x13 pan, a bundt pan for Peanut Butter Delight or into 60 mini cupcake papers for DING DONGS and bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes.  Test doneness by inserting a toothpick, knife or dowel until it comes out clean.

Magnifique!

No comments: